260 directors and managers (and 1,200 colleagues)
Move from operational/transactional culture to one that is transformational, setting a new standard in passenger rail services and driving renewed vibrancy in the north of England.
- Culture change programme with leadership development as a key driver
- Led by Exec with its own intact process
- Development built around three behavioural pillars of leadership focus: accountability, challenge, engage and inspire
- Learners completed: bespoke 360, leadership Foundation workshop; essential skills sessions and deep dive master classes
- 1-1 coaching for key managers and strategic forum chairs
- Exec/senior management forum established to strengthen team-working across top management levels
- Involvement of senior management in design and delivery to develop self-sufficiency and support embedding
- ROI of 380%
- Exec and senior managers now one coherent senior leadership team with Exec attention on strategic issues and senior managers running day to day business
- Increase in all key engagement measures impacted by leaders, the most significant being a 26% increase in engagement of drivers – the hardest to reach group.
- Recognition for quality of leadership: achieved IiP Gold in just 2 years and become first rail company to win BQF UK Excellence Award. Leadership cited as the differentiator in both cases
TPE’s recovery from significant performance dip after its biggest-ever timetable change in just 6 months instead on the 18 predicted by industry partners put down to programme impact.
The Exec said: “We are convinced recovery in this timeframe would have been impossible without the leadership capability and resilience this programme has delivered.”